I've never been able to use a hula hoop before - what are my chances of success?
Due to their weight and large diameter, Powerhoops are easy to use - even for those who have never succeeded with old-fashioned lightweight hula hoops. You'll quickly get the knack with the help of pointers and a demo video.
Is there research to support your claim that Powerhoop shrinks your waist?
Yes, there is! Powerhoop's beneficial effect was validated by several research studies, including a study at Canada's Waterloo University conducted by one of the world's foremost experts in spine biomechanics. Dr. Stuart McGill and his colleagues concluded that Innertrak's Powerhoop significantly reduced waist size in subjects who "hooped" for fifteen minutes a day, five days a week, for six weeks.
Are weighted hoops safe?
Sports safety depends on common sense and on following the manufacturer's recommendations. Weighted workout hoops are meant to challenge the core muscles, causing them to become firmer, stronger and more protective, but this is a process that takes several days of gradually increasing the amount of hooping time. Beginners who overdo will notice soreness and even bruising, which is uncomfortable, unnecessary, and gives hooping a bad name. In addition, there are certain conditions that are contraindicated for hooping, like pregnancy and taking blood thinning medication. Read more about hooping safety.
Powerhoop classes sound like fun - how do I find one in my area, or qualify as an instructor?
Over 700 fitness professionals have been certified as Powerhoop instructors in the UK, with hundreds more in other countries across Europe. You can search for classes in your area. If there is nothing nearby, ask your local gym to check out our Instructor Training Course. You can also visit our Powerhoop Facebook Page and join our mailing list.
Why does the Powerhoop Deluxe cost more than other hoops I've seen online?
There are lots of cheap hoops on the market, and they're cheap for a reason. The Powerhoop Deluxe has been designed, developed and manufactured in the UK, using the highest-quality, non-toxic materials and optimised design:
- The large diameter makes it easy to use, and the wavy pattern helps to quickly build a "body armour" of core muscles
- Compressible cushioning reduces discomfort in new users.
- Phthalate-free material means safety in households with children, and no unpleasant chemical smell
- Powerhoops can be dismantled for convenient storage and travel, with sturdy connectors that won't snap or fly apart under normal use
- Adjustable weight allows customers to choose the hoop that's right for them
- Powerhoops are backed by top-quality customer service. Our team doesn't just sell Powerhoops... we love them ♥
What other results can I expect?
Customers and Powerhoop Workout class members actually ring our office to tell us about their results. Read some of their stories.